Tuesday 8 August 2017

Shunting Layout Engine Shed









I wanted to have a small engine shed on my layout, so that I could include a water and coaling facility for shunting operations but also so that I could add some good lineside features. This will be a single road, small branch line engine shed, based on the typical structures and designs to be found at the end of a rural GWR branch line, which is what my shunting yard represents. As such, I have acquired a very cheap second hand Wills Craftsman kit which looks the part, although I'm also tempted to scratch build something, just to add a bit of individual character to the scene. As you can see, I have been looking for and have collected together some images of the sort of thing I'd like to include on the layout, so there's no shortage of prototypical inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. An interesting assortment of designs there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the corrugated iron cladding...very rustic!

    ReplyDelete