Monday 28 August 2017

N Gauge Inglenook Wiring

Not very exciting but very useful

I moved my N gauge 'proof of concept' Inglenook shelf layout a little closer to the starting line today by purchasing a Bachmann N gauge power lead, to use with my existing handheld controller. I suppose I could have just bought some Peco track power clips and a bit of wiring, or even just soldered it up directly to the track, but this seemed like the simplest option for the lowest cost to effort ratio.


I can now clip this power lead onto the track directly, then use cable clips and a bit of careful scenic camouflage to make it a permanent wiring connection. The controller will then just plug into the lead ready for use. Easy, cheap and tidy. Job done! I have a spare floating shelf somewhere in the garage that I am going to try to locate, then I might even be a able to start building this little shunting layout before the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment