Thursday 31 August 2017

N Gauge Dead Engine


I had a test track set up today to see if the ancient N gauge Wrenn Ivatt 2MT I inherited still works. The answer is a qualified no, although it did try very hard to get going. I think it needs a good overhaul and a lubrication but even then will probably only do either zero or one hundred scale miles an hour full speed ahead, in proper 1980's model train set style. Other than that I don't know what I can do to revive it or to get it to behave itself in proper shunting fashion?

I think I will need to get myself a new and or good second hand N gauge locomotive of some description before I can even think about building a layout. As this will be expensive, it will have to wait until Father Christmas can deliver something down the chimney, perhaps even a starter set of some sort, ready to be used as the basis of an N gauge branch line layout. Oh well, best laid plans and all that! At least I can crack on with my plans in OO.

No comments:

Post a Comment