Friday 11 August 2017

Mainline Dean Goods


I am on a fairly tight budget as far as model railways go, so I have been looking for inexpensive ways to build a collection of locomotives and rolling stock, the obvious being second hand stuff via eBay. I have just added a Mainline Dean Goods to the line up, for a very fair price, so will be able to run it as an early 30's alternative to the Collet Goods I already have. I know the old Mainline Dean Goods has a horrible tender power unit with lots of nasty gearing visible but beggars can't be choosers and I'm just happy to have another 0-6-0 tender locomotive for the layout. I've always wanted one of these models so hope that it isn't too troublesome, noisy or sticky when I get to run it. It looks like it's in pretty pristine condition and has it's original box and instructions, so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment