Friday 11 August 2017

Low Relief Goods Shed or Warehouse

Cardigan Goods Shed

I need to use a low relief goods shed, warehouse or industrial building on the shunting yard layout, as the space available is pretty restricted and a shunting yard without a goods shed seems a bit pointless. However, it has been less straightforward than I thought to find something 'off the shelf' which is both affordable and fits with the rural setting of the layout. Ideally, I'd like something not unlike the goods shed at Cardigan, which really captures the rural branch line look.

Bachmann Low Relief Goods Shed

Bachmann Low Relief Warehouse

There are no shortage of urban low relief factories or full relief goods sheds but it is less easy to find a small, rural equivalent in a nineteenth century stone or timber clad design, which is what I'm after. There are a couple of possible low relief warehouses in the Bachmann resin range and a nice mdf warehouse from lcut creative but they are expensive and inflexible compared to card kits, especially the downloadable versions. 

lcut creative mdf warehouse

Ideally, I'd like to find a good card kit of a goods shed that I can modify into a low relief version by cutting it in half then using the two halves to create a longer low or semi-low relief feature. In the end, I may have to just scratch build something using card and the Scalescenes printable paper sheets for brickwork, corrugated iron and timber cladding? This might be the best way forward and would allow me to create something original and suitable for my layout design.

No comments:

Post a Comment